|Object Name||Negative, Film|
(9) negatives and (9) contacts taken in front of the log cabin that the Cross family raised their children in, taken in the 1920s. Photos #8 and #9 were taken in the 1980s , when the cabin was falling apart.
On August 24, 1990, this Chickasaw freedmen (Levy Stevenson, Roll #1715) log cabin, foundation and chimney stone was donated to the Museum by Margaret Gleason of Elmore City (gift agreement signed by Rick Harney) The family who owned the property built a barn around it. The Museum first found out about this structure in 1989 from James Ruster, who informed the staff that the owners wanted to dismantle the two buildings, and asked if we would be interested in moving the cabin before it was torn down. On January 20th, 1992, the City Manager of Lawton forwarded a letter he received on Jan 14th from a Mr. Earl Daniels, who was born and raised in the cabin.