Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Accession # 1994-P004
Collection Cyril Historical Association / Heritage House
Object Name Negative, Film
Description (37) negatives and contacts from the Cyril Historical Assoc., located in southern Caddo County. Views of early Cyril and the Heritage House, originally owned by Joe and Ida Woods.

Four miles southwest of Cement, Cyril began as an agricultural community in 1906 and was named for Cyril Lookingglass, a Comanche Indian and owner of the townsite. In 1920, Anderson Prichard established a refinery in town. The estimated population, in 2003, was 1,165.
Year Range from 1906
Year Range to 1930
People Woods, Joseph Lee
Woods, L.G.
Woods, Ida B. (Goslin)
Woods, Tom
Woods, William Kermit
Woods, S.N.
Woods, Boyd
Long, Joe
Goslin, Israel A.
Long, Stella Goslin
Mason, Lonnie
Gibson, Elma
Pallady, A.J., Mrs.
Rowe, Jess
Rowe, Mattie
Search Terms Cyril, Okla.
pioneer
buildings, residential
education, Oklahoma
buildings, commercial
transportation